May the God of hope fill you with all joy
and peace in believing,
so that you may abound in hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit.
SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN OF GRACE
Get ready….Rally Day is on its way….coming to Grace, Sunday September 12,
the kick-off for the Sunday School 2021-2022 year. See you then!
Food for Toledo Update
Between July 27 and August 16, 264 pounds of food was collected for a total of 3835 pounds for the year! Again, thank you to everyone who contributes to Food for Toledo. Food is still being delivered to Aldersgate United Methodist Church for their bi-monthly food give away. Grace is the only church that is assisting Aldersgate with their food pantry even though other churches have been asked to help and they are so appreciative of our help. As well as food, a check is being delivered to Aldersgate United Methodist Church for their food pantry. This money is coming from funds that were donated to Grace and specified for the Feed Your Neighbor Program. There are still funds remaining in the Feed Your Neighbor Program fund for future use. If anyone would have questions regarding Food for Toledo please contact Mary Schneider at 419.262.0730.
Behind the scenes at Grace … by Gretchen
- We have a first sighting!! A red headed woodpecker on the oak trees!
- Another return to Grace post Covid. The Hampton Park Block Watch Group met at Grace this last Wednesday with the Mayor providing a presentation.
- Check out the Community Bulletin Board and see 3 of our members in the Sylvania Advantage! Way to go Collin, Mallory and Callie! Congratulations!!!
- The Church Council Picture Member Board is back up. Please remember you may contact Council members with concerns or questions. Church Council meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm and is open to members of Grace.
- Ketchup Group! We have been meeting twice a month just to get together and see each other. Plus, with the way the weather has been a nice place to keep cool! Come for a devotion, program, treats and fellowship! ****Our September schedule is going to be slightly different – instead of every other Monday we will meet on Monday the 13th and Monday the 20th.
- This is early but don’t forget on Rally Day which is September 12th. We will have the Flower Cross. Please mark your calendar! If there are not enough flowers Gretchen brings Golden Rod and from previous years the people with allergies have a rather stuffy, sneezy Sunday.
- Also, for your calendar WELCA is having a Bake Sale on Election Day and would greatly appreciate treats!
- Remember: Grace is not the building but the people of Grace!!
Northwest Ohio Synod Meeting
This is a gathering of members from all the ELCA parishes in the Northwest Ohio Region. We will not be gathering in person but virtually for the meeting this year.
Grace has spots for 4 voting members – two younger then 30 and 2 older seasoned individuals.
We are looking to gathering in either Fellowship or Brenner Hall and participate in the meeting via our large screen TV (“the loving monster”). This will let us participate as a group from Grace.
The meeting is scheduled Friday, September 24 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. We are planning to have pizza delivered for dinner and share a meal together. Plan to come at 5:30 pm for dinner.
Even though we have 4 voting spots, more people are welcome to come and listen to the meeting. It is a great way to find out about our synod.
Please let the Church Office or David Charvat know if you would like to attend as a voting member or as a listener. Please let us know by September 10th as this is the closing date for registering voters and we will need to estimate how much pizza we need (vegan will be provided)!
What is better than red fruit punch, red popsicle and watermelon?
Yep, these are all great, but they are only good for the short time you are eating them.
Donating a unit of blood does not taste good but it goes along way in helping people other then ourselves – 3 people to be exact.
Please sign up to donate a unit of blood on Friday October 15 from 2:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
Donating blood at Grace is not limited to Grace members – it can be a friend, a neighbor, a grandchild – anyone who want to help the community and give back.
We want to rock the Red Cross and fill up all our spots!
Please do not park in the Fire Lanes in the parking lots at any time. These are the areas with the yellow stripes. Even though it may be in the middle of the week, during the day or evening EMS needs close access to the buildings as in our recent gas leak.
This is important in keeping not only the people of Grace safe but also our building.
Hampton Park Block Watch Meeting
Gretchen attended the meeting held at Grace on Wednesday the 18th . This is part of the church’s involvement or awareness of what is happening in the community, and can we participate in any needs identified as part of God’s Mission.
Blockwatch groups typically have a representative from the Police Department who provides an update as to criminal activity within the Blockwatch area. Hampton Park is the area north of the church. There have been a variety of activities.
One item the Police Officer stressed is the need to keep car windows up, doors locked and to remove valuables from the car. He also stressed that even that change (as little as it may be) that you leave in the drink spot or console can be a reason for your car to be broken into.
They are in – signs are popping up all over advertising the Flu Shot! Please! Please! Check with your MD and get one. So far, the CDC is showing low cases of the Flu but as we move inside that number is expected to go up.
As we are already in the habit keep up with the good handwashing as it also helps to prevent the spread of the Flu.
Remember let’s SHU the FLU!!
This is the day the Lord has made.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it!