Come worship with us at the 11:30 service in the chapel on Sundays. Basic Grace Band plays every week. B.A.S.I.C. stands for Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
The Faith Community Nurse (Parish Nurse)
Gretchen S. Hiatt, MSN, RN
Hours -7:30 am -12:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday or by appointment.
Contact number: 419-944-5166, email: gretchensue12052gmail.com
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE FAITH COMMUNITY NURSE (PARISH NURSE) AT GRACE?
1. Conduct classes and provide information on health issues (wellness/preventative care) to individuals of all ages.
2. Counsel members on health-related activities including review of medications.
3. Accompany members to doctor’s offices or hospital as requested. Advocate for and provide another “ear” for members at doctor visits. Provide support to family during surgery as requested.
4. Assist members in obtaining needed health services or equipment.
5. Provide members with referrals to resources in the community.
6. Develop support groups/networks within the parish.
7. Provide education and ongoing training to parish staff and members on CPR, Emergency Situations, First Aid, etc.
8. Visit members at home, hospital or extended care facility.
9. Develop outreach programs within the community.
Our Help Closet
is stocked with medical and ambulatory equipment that people have generously shared with us. If you or someone you know has a need, we would be happy to share it with you.
PERSONAL NEEDS MINISTRY
PNM is back in business! Under the wing of Lutheran Social Services of Northwestern Ohio’s Ministry of Emergency Food and Personal Care, we are ready to accept referrals again for personal care items.
What you need to know:
1. Call an assessor at 419-243-9178 OR
2. Fax a referral to 419-243-4450
3. Referrals are still based on client’s zip code
4. Clients can access service four (4) times a year
5. Visits need to be a minimum of 30 days apart
Food for Toledo Donation Opportunities Available at Grace
The need for food in Grace Lutheran Church’s neighborhood is real and below is a list of donation opportunities:
- Place donations in the Feed Your Neighbor tote located in the area outside of the church office, or
- Drop off your donations Monday mornings between 9 a.m. – noon at the Brenner Hall entrance. Someone will be available to come to your car and take donations.
Items needed are to be non-perishable, unexpired food, such as canned vegetables, canned fruit, cereal, juice, canned meat, peanut butter, jelly, soup, rice, pasta, pasta sauce, beans, and condiments. Please know that any donation is appreciated. If you would have questions, please contact Mary Schneider at 419.262.0730.
Galations 6:2, “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”